On the basis of the genealogy of the Stroganov family, the saints represented on this icon suggest that it was produced during the life of Maksim Stroganov, whose parents were Yakov and Euphemia Stroganov and son, Ivan. The Holy Martyr Eufemia and the Apostle Jacob to the left of the Mother of God are the patrons of Maksim's parents, and Sts. Maksim the Confessor and John the Soldier are the patrons of him and his son. The icon was directly inherited in the family. The inscriptions on the back of the icon record that it was given to Gregory Stroganoff by his father, Count Sergei Stroganov, on the day of his marriage to Maria, grädfin Potocki, 28 September 1856 in Moscow. Through his daughter Maria, Countess Stroganov, who married the Prince Alexei Grigorievich Shcherbatov, and had a son, Prince Vladimir Alexeevich Shcherbatov, the icon reached their granddaughter, Maria Vladimirovna, Princess Shcherbatov. In fact, the second inscription on the velvet cover of the back of the icon testifies that the grandmother, Countess Maria Stroganov, blessed her granddaughter on the day of her marriage, 15 February 1940 in Rome.