Claude Lisonnet (d. 1761) attainted the maîtrise on 15 October, 1736, when he was sponsored by his father and goldsmith Jean-Étienne Lisonnet. He is recorded as living in the cour neuve du Palais and rue Saint-Louis au Palais. A snuff-box chased with a similar wickerwork pattern and enamelled en plein with pastoral scenes after Nicolas Lancret (1690-1743) is in the Wrightsman Collection (F. J. B. Watson, The Wrightsman Collection, New York, 1970, III, pp. 130-131, no. 6). Further examples of Lisonnet's work are found in the Thyssen-Bornemisza Collection, the Metropolitan Museum, New York and the Musée d'Art et d'Histoire, Geneva (A. S. Cocks and C. Truman, The Thyssen-Bornemisza Collection, Renaissance jewels, gold boxes and objets de vertu, London, 1984, p. 200).
We are indebted to Philippe Palasi for the identification of the coat-of-arms.