Besides the present four beakers others, apparently from the same set, are known. They include October and December, (Wawel Royal Castle, Krakow, Swiat ze Srebra, Zlotnictwo augsberskie od XVI do XIX wieku w zbiorach polskich, Krakow, 2005, no. III/42); November (Kremlin museum) and September (Jubiläums-Auktion; 21 November 2005, lot 16).
The early provenance of the beakers, which presumably originally comprised a full compliment of twelve, is as yet unknown, though they must have been split up by the 19th century when the present four entered the collection of the family of the current vendor. The Wawel examples were reportedly in the collection of the Schaffgot family in Cieplice until after the war when the collection was split up. The two beakers were subsequently acquired independantly by the Wawel Castle Museum, the first in 1959 from Mrs. Kamilia Popek and the second a year later from Mrs. Marta Stebnicki. The September beaker seems to have passed through the collection of the Hoehenzollern-Sigmaringen family and then into a private collection in Munich, before being sold in 2005.
Israel Thelott (1616-1696) and his son Johann Andreas (1655-1734) were apparently descendents of a French family of artists who are recorded working in Augsburg as early as 1585. From the existing body of work, including a tankard of circa 1685 (Dorotheum, 29 November 2007, lot 12); another tankard (Christie's London, 23 November 1999, lot 136 and two silver plaques (Christie's New York, 21 October 2003, lot 270, it would seem that they were master chasers.