The present four plates are from a set of seventy-two made for a service ordered on 6 November 1834 and delivered to Ferdinand II, King of the Two Sicilies on 10 February 1836. Two others from the same royal service are illustrated by Maria Letizia Casanova, Le porcellane Francesi nei musei di Napoli, Naples, 1974, pp. 318-319, no. 220. Two plates from the same service were sold at Christie's in New York on 20-21 April 2005, lot 306.