Hans Ludwig Larsen, Wassenaar, (1892-1937);
Susanne Menzel Larsen (1911-2001), on loan to the De Lakenhal Museum, Leiden, 6 July, 1939;
Confiscated by the German authorities following the occupation of The Netherlands, after May 1940;
Sale, Van Marle and Bignell, the Hague, 25 January, 1943, lot 5;
Gustav Cramer Alte Kunst, The Hague, acquired at the above;
with Vitale Bloch, The Hague and Paris, 1943.
Acquired for the Sonderauftrag Linz by Dr. Erhard Göpel 24 February, 1943 (Linz no. 2779);
Recovered by the Monuments Fine Arts & Archives Section from the Salt Mines at Alt Aussee (No. 3541);
Transferred to the Central Collecting Point, Munich, 19 July, 1945 (MCCP no. 4892);
Transferred to the Stichting Nederlandsch Kunstbezit, The Netherlands, 18 June, 1946 (NK 1447);
Restituted to the heirs of Hans Ludwig Larsen, 2014.
PROPERTY RESTITUTED TO THE HEIRS OF HANS LUDWIG LARSEN
Old master paintings. An illustrated summary catalogue. Rijksdienst Beeldende Kunst/The Netherlandish Office for the Fine Arts, Zwolle and The Hague, 1992, p. 36, no. 147.
Bolsward, Stadhuis Bolsward, Italië in de toets der Gouden Eeuw, 1964, no. 4.
Leiden, Stedelijk Museum de Lakenhal, Het Hollandse 17de eeuwse landschap, 20 October-26 November 1972, no. 38.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, Grand Rapids Art Museum, Landscapes from the Golden Age: an exhibition of seventeenth-century Dutch paintings, 19 March-19 June 1972, no. 37.
Rotterdam, Museum Boijmans van Beuningen, on loan.