According to the Archives of Audemars Piguet, the present watch was manufactured in 1930.
This rare wristwatch is distinguished by its charismatic, original overall condition and the highly attractive and much sought after Breguet numerals. It was retailed by Audemars Piguet's distinguished retailer E. Gübelin in Lucerne.
For a comparable calendar wristwatch see Audemars Piguet by Gisbert L. Brunner, Christian Pfeiffer-Belli, Martin K. Wehrli, first edition, p. 225, pl. 300.
E. Gübelin was founded in 1854 and has always been a family enterprise. Located in Lucerne, Switzerland, the renowned company has been manufacturing and retailing superior quality watches and clocks ever since. The firm was one of Audemars Piguet's most important clients in the first quarter of the 20th century.