< Back to all Internship Programmes
The Christie’s New York Internships are offered in two sessions annually; one starting in January (Spring) and one starting in August (Fall), running for a period of four - five months. Participating in the Spring or Fall programmes allows for hands-on experience during busy sale seasons, as well as providing an in depth understanding of the fast-paced nature of the auction and art business world.
We also have Internship opportunities throughout the year in a selection of our regional offices: Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago. Please note that this Internships are not part of our Fall and Spring sessions, they are recruited separately and openings can be found on our Job Opportunities page, when available.
The Spring, Fall and Regional Internships are paid programmes which will require all chosen participants to undergo a verification process. Christie’s does not reimburse travel, housing or other expenses.
Interns will be asked to do a variety of tasks throughout their time at Christie’s. These projects will depend on where the department is in their sale cycle as well as other factors.
Tasks may include (but are not limited to):
- Research on specific works of art, artists, museums, etc.
- Provide support on consignment related tasks
- Assisting with catalogue notes and essays
- Working with the galleries for exhibition set up
- Managing libraries and databases
- Administrative duties
Fall and Spring sessions are Full-Time with a limited number of Part-Time opportunities. Christie’s standard, full-time working hours are 9am to 5pm. Interns are expected to adhere to these working hours unless otherwise specified by the department supervisor. Part-time hours should be discussed and agreed upon during the interview process.
Christie’s has events, sales, and other activities throughout the working day, as well as in the evenings. We highly encourage all interns to get involved in everything they can in order to gain as well-rounded an experience as possible.
Fall: 20 August 2018 – 21 December 2018
Spring: 14 January 2019 – 24 May 2019
Applications open: 15 October 2018
Deadline: 11 November 2018
Fall: 19 August 2019 – 20 December 2019
Applications open: 10 June 2019
Deadline: 7 July 2019
Candidate selections are based on the below criteria:
• Undergraduate students, masters students, or recently graduated individuals (within a year of graduation)
• Must have appropriate work authorization (CPT/OPT complete), as Christie’s does not sponsor visas for entry level positions
• Available for the entirety of the programme and should prepare schedule for the time and workload commitment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
• Detail oriented, hard-working, driven and focused
• Highly collaborative nature
Please note that the current list of departments is subject to change at any time. A limited number of part time opportunities may be available depending on the sale season.
- Museum Services
- Estates & Appraisals
- Decorative Arts
- Books & Manuscripts
- Business Support Group
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Chairman's Office
- Old Masters Group
- Post-War & Contemporary
- Impressionist & Modern
- Asian Arts
- Client Strategy
- Prints & Multiples
- Special Events
- American Art
All candidates must apply online for Christie’s internships and email applications will not be accepted. Christie’s reviews all formal application submissions, and successful candidates will be contacted directly by the department supervisors for interviews.