A PAIR OF GEORGE III MAHOGANY OPEN ARMCHAIRS
Attributed to Mayhew and Ince
Each with oval framed padded back and serpentine-fronted seat covered in green material, the toprail centred by carved foliage, with scrolled channelled arms on serpentine downswept supports above curved rectangular flowerhead panels, on ring-turned tapering fluted legs with gadrooned collars, on turned feet, later blocks, the feet and one collar replaced (2)
Possibly supplied to James Buller (b.1740) for Downes, Crediton, Devon, and by descent to
The Hon. Mrs Buller, sold in these Rooms, 19 May 1960, lot 47 (part).