Flight was a partner in the London organ building firm, Flight & Robson, which became known for the ingenuity of the construction of their mechanical organs. Famously they were responsible for creating the 'Apollonicon' organ, which was of Grecian style and stood twenty-four feet high, twenty feet wide and eighteen feet deep. It had six keyboards and required six organists to play it. It was housed initially by Flight and Robson in their office at St Martin's Lane, and then at the Adelaide Gallery on the Strand. In 1881 the organ was offered for sale in The Musical Times.