The present picture is an evocation of Duart Castle, Mull, seat of the Macleans of Duart, Baronets of Morvaren, Chiefs of the Clan Maclean. The spelling of Morvaren is correct since another baronetcy with the more usual spelling 'Morvern' had already gone to another family of Macleans. Built as early as the 13th Century, Duart originally belonged to the MacDougall Lords of Lorne, who forfeited it for their support of Balliol and the English. It then passed to the MacDonald Lords of the Isles. They in turn granted it to the Macleans, who became indebted to the Earl of Argyll, and were dispossessed of the castle in 1692. In 1911 it was bought back by Sir Fitzroy Maclean with help from Macleans from around the world, and remains in the family today.