Paul Philip Barraud, born in London in 1752, founded the first "official" Barraud workshop. Several members of the Barraud family of 5 children were respected "horologers" including Paul Philip's father Francis Gabriel, to whom he was apprenticed in 1767. When Paul Philip died in 1820, the manufacture was taken over by his sons John and Frederick Joseph who moved "Barraud & Sons" to the 41 Cornhill address in 1830.
The firm was renamed "Barrauds & Lund" in 1838 when J.R. Lund was taken into the partnership and remained until 1864 when, after his dead, it was changed to "Barraud & Lunds", his sons then being in the business. The name continued but the address changed to 49 Cornhill in 1884.