Patek Philippe. A very fine 18K gold and enamel openface minute repeating keyless lever watch with original Certificate and box
On lots marked with an + in the catalogue, VAT wil… Read more
Patek Philippe. A very fine 18K gold and enamel openface minute repeating keyless lever watch with original Certificate and box

SIGNED PATEK, PHILIPPE & CIE, GENEVA, SWITZERLAND, MOVEMENT NO. 156'925, CASE NO. 270'989, CUVETTE NO. 270'989, MANUFACTURED IN 1910

Details
Patek Philippe. A very fine 18K gold and enamel openface minute repeating keyless lever watch with original Certificate and box
Signed Patek, Philippe & Cie, Geneva, Switzerland, movement no. 156'925, case no. 270'989, cuvette no. 270'989, manufactured in 1910
Cal. 17''' nickel-finished lever movement, 31 jewels, bimetallic compensation balance, swan neck regulator, wolf's tooth winding, repeating on two polished steel hammers onto two gongs, gold cuvette with engraved inscription "For John G. Williams From His Wife Christmas 1912", white enamel dial, Breguet numerals, subsidiary seconds, circular polished case, inlaid multi-blue enamel monogram JGW, repeating slide in the band, case, dial, cuvette and movement signed, movement further signed Bagley & Company, Duluth, Minn.
46 mm. diam.
Special notice

On lots marked with an + in the catalogue, VAT will be charged at 8% on both the premium as well as the hammer price.

If you wish to view the condition report of this lot, please sign in to your account.

Sign in
View condition report

Lot Essay

With Patek Philippe Certificate of Origin & Warranty and fitted presentation box. Furthermore delivered with Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch with enamel dial, Breguet numerals, red minute figures and monogram JGW in blue on the case back and its subsequent sale on 19 December 1912.

John G. Williams was a prominent Duluth attorney at the beginning of the 20th century and long time member of the University of Minnesota. He was on the board of regents of the University from 1912 to 1937 and even had one of the residence halls named for him the "John G. Williams House" in 1956.

A similar watch is illustrated in Patek Philippe Museum - Patek Philippe Watches - Volume I, pp. 235-241.
;

More from Important Watches

View All
View All