‡ For wine offered ‘in bond’ only. If you choose t… Read more
Vega Sicilia, Unico 1981 In individual original wooden cases. Level: top-shoulder magnum (1) 1987 Levels: one into-neck and one top-shoulder magnums (2)

3 magnums per lot
Details
VEGA-SICILIA
Vega-Sicilia was founded in 1864 by Eloy Lecanda on 2000 hectares of land that his father bought off the Marquis of Valbuena, and where he planted 18,000 cuttings of Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot and Pinot Noir he had brought over from Bordeaux. In 1982 the Alvarez family acquired Vega-Sicilia, beginning the stage of expansion that has culminated in over 5500 clients in 115 countries. The meticulous attention paid to the excellence of the wine translates into a low number of bottles on sale, though each one guarantees an unforgettable tasting experience.The Vega-Sicilia winery is located in Valbuena de Duero. The vineyards cover 250 hectares, with soils of clayey-limestone, with brown-grey streaks and an alluvial area. Around 80% of the Vega-Sicilia vineyards are planted with Tempranillo, while the remaining 20% are split between Cabernet-Sauvignon, Merlot and Malbec.
Vega Sicilia, Unico
1981
In individual original wooden cases. Level: top-shoulder magnum (1)
1987
Levels: one into-neck and one top-shoulder magnums (2)

3 magnums per lot
Special notice

‡ For wine offered ‘in bond’ only. If you choose to buy the wine in bond no Excise Duty or Clearance VAT will be charged on the hammer. If you choose to buy the wine out of bond Excise Duty as applicable will be added to the hammer price and Clearance VAT at 20% will be charged on the Duty inclusive hammer price. Whether you buy the wine in bond or out of bond, 20% VAT will be added to the buyer’s premium and shown on the invoice

Brought to you by

Noah May
Noah May

More from Finest and Rarest Wines and Spirits, Featuring a Connoisseur's Superlative Burgundy Collection

View All
View All