A SOVIET PROPAGANDA PORCELAIN PLATE 'THE SAILOR'S WALK'
BY THE IMPERIAL PORCELAIN FACTORY, ST PETERSBURG, PERIOD OF NICHOLAS II, 1905, AND THE STATE PORCELAIN FACTORY, PETROGRAD, 1921
After the design by Alexandra Shchekotikhina-Pototskaya, the centre painted with a sailor of the Baltic Fleet and his companion, with a cityscape and boats on Neva river to background, the rim with a gilt ciselé Russian inscription '1 May 1921 / Petrograd', marked under base with a partially erased Imperial Porcelain Factory mark and blue overglaze hammer, sickle and cog, and the date '1921.'
9 ¼ in. (23.4 cm.) diameter