The firm of Jeanselme was established by Charles-Joseph-Marie Jeanselme at 7 & 9, rue Harlay, Paris. The firm, Jeanselme Fils et Godin et Cie, passed into the direction of Auguste Godin in 1871, on the retirement of the founder and was known under the name of A. Godin et Cie until 1883. It remained at the same location, but rue Harlay was renamed rue des Arquebusiers in 1879. Godin died in 1883 and the son of the founder, Charles-Henri Jeanselme (b. 1856) continued the business under the name of Ch. Jeanselme et Cie until it ceased in 1930.