Step-by-step: Loan process
Step 1: Request a complimentary estimate to see if your items are suitable collateral for a loan by using our online auction estimates tool or contacting one of our global specialists.
- Please provide a clear colour photograph of your property as well as any additional information on the piece, such as dimensions, materials and provenance.
Step 2: Our Christie’s Art Finance team and Specialists will discuss the estimates and terms of the proposed financing conditions with you. We will provide you with a preliminary term sheet for your review.
Step 3: Once you have signed the preliminary term sheet, we will work closely with you to complete our diligence for the transaction and we will draft the loan agreement. In the meantime:
- The Christie’s Art Finance team will be your point of contact throughout the transaction in order to guide you on what supporting documentation may be needed, such as insurance certificates or KYC documentation. We will also provide you with status updates on your loan.
- You should arrange for the item to be delivered to one of our offices in New York, London, Hong Kong or one of our approved warehouses. Christie’s can assist with this or put you in touch with trusted local shippers.
- Our Specialists will coordinate every detail, ranging from cataloguing the property and confirming condition to completing all the required research to underwrite the loan.
- Our legal team will provide you with our Loan and Security agreements to finalize the loan.
Step 4: Once we have a fully executed closing set of agreements, we will confirm your net proceeds with any agreed upon fees and expenses deducted at closing. Funds will be wired to your nominated account.