From mansions to manor-houses — 5 properties that celebrate all things Tudor, from Christie’s International Real Estate
Dating from 1926, this world-class equestrian estate includes a Tudor-inspired mansion surrounded by 128 acres of grounds. Measuring 10,000-square-foot manor house features award-winning gardens, lakes and a trout stream, as well as a pool and pool house, two guest cottages, an eight-car garage and a helipad.
This Tudor Revival estate stands on the original 14-acre site of the Jesse D. Oppenheimer House. Designed by architect Atlee B. Ayres, the property is entered via double gates and a long driveway, with scenic grounds evocative of English countryside. Extensively renovated in recent years, the private compound offers 11,000 square feet of Elizabethan and Jacobean-inspired living areas, as well as immaculate formal gardens.
Built around 1935, this secluded Tudor Revival cottage is situated in the affluent Montreal suburb of Westmount. Set over four levels, the property features four bedrooms, with expansive living and entertaining areas. The original architecture has been carefully maintained, with modifications to its design taking advantage of the property's mature gardens.
Lower Hall is a Grade II Tudor manor house on 3.64 acres of grounds, traversed by the River Worfe. Located in the pastoral Shropshire village of Worfield, the property was home to Sir John Talbot, the High Sheriff of Shrewsbury, in the early 16th century. An exemplar of the Tudor style, architectural details include exposed beams, open fireplaces, and an original oak staircase. The estate includes two cottages, a pool and pool house, an orchard, a private wooded island, and fishing rights.
One of the last surviving aisle-trussed halls of Wales, Althrey Hall is a Grade II listed manor house in the Welsh countryside. The property is steeped in history and includes a rare 16th-century private chapel, great hall with a minstrel’s gallery, and decorative wall paintings of national importance. Set over three floors, the manor offers four reception rooms, five bedrooms, and a lawned garden. Accessed via a long private driveway, the estate borders the historic Bangor-on-Dee Racecourse and miles of open countryside.