Details
CLOS DES LAMBRAYS
The Clos des Lambrays in Morey Saint Denis comprises several different individual lieux-dits, each with slight variations in soil and aspect. The Clos was first mentioned by name in the 14th century and, like many famed vineyards, was divided among several buyers following the French Revolution. Mostly re-assembled under a single owner by the end of the 19th century, the Cosson family took control in 1938 and directed operations through 1979; the Clos des Lambrays became an official Grand Cru in 1981.

The 1947 and 1949 Clos des Lambrays were ordered by Richard Gill on February 26, 1953 and were included in an invoice dated August 29, 1953. Richard Gill's confirmed order for 148 cases of wine from Alexis Lichine, departed on board the SS Perou of the French Line, from Le Havre to New York on August 22nd, 1953
Domaine des Lambrays, Clos des Lambrays 1947
Côte de Nuits
All levels from base of cork
Levels: four 5cm, one 6cm; slightly raised corks, one cut capsule revealing domaine branded cork, bin soiled labels, one nicked label, loose back labels, two missing back labels
5 bottles per lot

Brought to you by

Chris Munro
Chris Munro

More from Finest Wines and Spirits Featuring Superb Burgundy, a Collection of Château Lafleur and Other Guinaudeau Family Estate Wines

View All
View All