The oval medallion frame, with sunflowered medallions between pearled and reed-gadrooned borders, is festooned with acanthus-husks issuing from the ram-head handles of a vase supported on an 'Ionic' capitaled pedestal; while a fretted shell issues from Roman foliage at the base. A vase-capped medallion frame with pearled border framed by six flowered patterae features on a design by John Linnell, dated 1774 (H. Hayward and P. Kirkham, William and John Linnell, London, 1980, vol. II, fig. 196).
A closely related but larger pair of mirrors, with additional husk festoons draped from the rams' mouths and eight rather than six paterae, was exhibited by Edward Nield at the Antique Dealer's Fair, 1963 and advertised by Old Clock House in The Connoisseur, June 1966. These also have a finial with pineapple and palm-like foliage.