The arms are those of Long impaling Colquhoun almost certainly for Walter Long (1793-1867) of Rood Ashton, Wiltshire and his wife Mary Anne Colquhoun (1800-1856)), second daughter of the Rt. Hon. Archibald Colquhoun (d.1820) of Killermont, Lord Register of Scotland, whom he he married in 1819. The Long family had held land in Wiltshire since the 14th century. Walter Long was educated at Winchester College and Christ Church, Oxford. He served as a major in the Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry and sat as M.P. for North Wiltshire from 1835 until 1865. The family seat of Rood Ashton was built for Long’s father by Jeffrey Wyatt, being completed in 1808. Walter added to the existing house using Thomas Hopper as his architect. Hopper had recently finished his neo-Norman masterpiece Penrhyn Castle in North Wales. The work was finished in 1836. These candelabra, dating from the following year, were no doubt ordered as part of the embellishment of the family seat.