DESIGNED BY J.H. DEARLE AND MAY MORRIS, CIRCA 1885, RETAILED BY MORRIS & CO.
A threefold screen
Designed by J.H. Dearle and May Morris, circa 1885, retailed by Morris & Co.
Mahogany frame with ebony banding, glazed panels with satin stitch embroidery, central drop leaf shelf
69in. (177.3cm.) high; 20in. (51.3cm.) width of side panels; 23in. (58.7cm.) width of central panel
Stamped twice Morris & Co 449 Oxford St West, numbered 1586
Cf: Linda Parry, William Morris, Exhibition Catalogue, Victoria & Albert Museum, London, 1996, Cat. No. M.31, pp. 248-249 (Comparable screen illustrated)