Petrus Josephus Lutgers (1808-1874)
Petrus Josephus Lutgers (1808-1874)

A View of the Villa Hoogland, Utrecht, with elegant figures in the park near a bridge

Details
Petrus Josephus Lutgers (1808-1874)
A View of the Villa Hoogland, Utrecht, with elegant figures in the park near a bridge
signed with initials and dated 'PJL 67'
pencil, pen and brown ink, grey wash
185 x 245 mm.
Provenance
with Meyer Elte, The Hague, 1976
Literature
Edwin Lucas e.a. Het Hoogeland in Utrecht, Utrecht, 1995, p. 25
Exhibited
Utrecht, 1978, no. 71
Dordrecht etc., 1983/4, no. 17

Lot Essay

The Villa Hoogland (Hoogeland) was built in 1825 by the architect Suys, as a country house near Utrecht for Jonkheer W.E. Ram. In 1888, the municipality bought Hoogland. From 1891 to 1918 it served as a museum for Utrecht, thereafter the house became the residence of the State Forestry Service, who sold it in 1993
;

More from The Hans van Leeuwen Collection: Part III

View All
View All