R. Lepsius, Denkmäler aus Ägypten und Äthiopien, III, Part 2, Berlin, 1849-59, pl. 46.
H. K. Jacquet-Gordon, Les noms des domaines funéraires sous l'Ancien Empire Égyptien, Cairo, 1966, p. 366, figs. 142 and 369-370, nos. 29-34.
E. Porter and R. L. B. Moss, J. Málek (ed.), Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs and Paintings, III, Memphis, Part II, Saqqara to Dashur, Oxford, 1978, nos. 491-492.
The relief comes from the Tomb of Pehenuka, here abbreviated to Pehen, from Saqqara. He served as Chief Justice and Vizir in late Dynasty V or slightly thereafter. The tomb was initially recorded by R. Lepsius in the 19th Century and its estates were studied H. K. Jacquet-Gordon in 1962.
The estates, personified as striding women, were dedicated to providing sustenance in perpetuity for Pehen's funerary chapel. The repetition of these similar images creates and emphasizes the feeling of movement from one room to another.
See illustrations opposite and on previous page.