The barrels were forged by John Richards (1), working at 54 Strand (near the Adelphi), 1782-1808.
Robert Hodgson traded as a merchant at 152 Baltimore Street, Baltimore and was joined in 1800 by Hugh Thompson, also a merchant. They are recorded as gun dealers and importers and continued at 10 North Gay Street until 1803, when they moved to 215 Baltimore Street and in turn to 215 Cross Forrest Street. The business was concluded in the following year.
The thirteen stars engraved on the trigger-guards are representative of the number of colonies symbolised by the first official flag of the United States, 1777-1795.