In 1993 Varkaris and Connell (Early Canadian Timekeepers, p.103) recorded just two tall case clocks and a bracket clock known by this Montreal silversmith, jeweller and horologer. Details on his clockmaking and life remain scarce. He married Mary Logoterie in Christ Church, Montreal, in November 1793. He lived on Notre Dame Street, Montreal, and has two mentions in the Quebec Gazette in 1799 and 1802. Following his death in 1802, his business was sold to Charles Irish in 1804, and sold on to Charles Arnoldi in 1806.