Little is recorded on the fondeur Maison Marquis, which was elected to the guild of the Rénion des fabricants de bronzes de la ville de Paris in 1844. It is known that in 1839 they began a partnership with the reputable fondeur Chaumont, who served as secretary for the guild in the year of 1832. The collaboration lasted five years before Chaumont's retirement. From their address of 25, rue Chapon, the Maison produced bronzes for clocks, lighting and other objet's d'art. They worked in partnership with the horologist Languereau, who is recorded in 1860 on the Rue St-Louis-au-Marais, Paris.