Francis Robinson was 'Clockmaker in Ordinary' to George II, by warrant, dated 6th November 1727 and signed 'Grafton'. Records show that his annual stipend was one hundred and fifty pounds. He remained in office until 1760. Born circa 1671, he was apprenticed to Henry Jones, bound on 8th October 1685 for seven years, but not admitted to the Freedom until 7th April 1707. Robinson served all the senior offices of the Clockmakers' Company and in June 1725 became Master.
Robinson's working premises were in Inner Temple Lane.
Cedric Jagger, Royal Clocks, London, 1983, pp. 84-85.