According to the Archives of Breguet, the present marine chronometer with beating half-seconds and wooden box, reference CW 9292, was entered into the firms' stock in 1981. It was supplied by Chronometerwerke Wempe in Hamburg.
Chronometerwerke in Hamburg were founded in 1905 with the aim to carry out repairs and maintenance of chronometers on German merchant ships. In 1938, Herbert Wempe acquired the firm in order to strengthen the craftsmanship in his firm Gerhard Wempe and changed the name to "Wempe Chronometerwerke".
In the years to come, the company specialized in the production of fine marine chronometers and launched the first electrically wound ship's chronometer in 1962.