Margaret Gilmour (1860-1942) established a studio with her sisters at 179 West George Street, Glasgow, in 1893, which traded for 50 years producing works in brass, pewter, embroidery, leatherwork, ceramics, wood-work and paintings. They exhibited at the Glasgow International Exhibition of 1901 and otherwise largely worked for local clients.
Jude Burkhauser (ed.), The Glasgow Girls; Women in Art and Design 1880-1920, Edinburgh, 1990, p. 164, fig. 213 (for a similar enamelled example).