A design for a city executed by Bergognon in 1792 is in the Ecole des Beaux-Art, Paris (inv. PRA 114). According to notes from Sir Francis Watson the present drawing was engraved in the 17th 'cahier' of the Collection des Grands Prix, 1798 (see H. Rosenau, 'The Engravings of the Grand Prix of the French Academy of Architecture', Architectural History, III, 1960, pl. 98.).