The stamp which appears on three of the four drawings sold here bears the coat-of-arms for the Province of Ancona on the Adriatic Coast.
The drawings offered here would appear from their inscriptions to be designs for the Teatro delle Muse, designed by the architect Pietro Ghinelli (1759-1834) in the 1820s. The theatre's inaugural concert was held on the 28 April 1827 and was a performance of the Operas Aureliano in Palmira and Ricciardo e Zoraide by Gioachino Rossini (1792-1868). The theatre was damaged during the Second World War and the interior was extensively refurbished in the 1960s. Today, only the neo-classical facade remains from Ghinelli's original designs.