Seamore Place was a short cul-de-sac that led south from Curzon Street, Mayfair. On its west side, there were only nine late Georgian houses, whose bowed garden fronts overlooked the then peaceful Park Lane and Hyde Park beyond. It achieved some notoriety in the years 1830-35 as the street in which Lady Blessington held her salons. After the Second World War, the northern houses disappeared when Curzon Street was extended westwards across their sites to reach Park Lane and what was left of Seamore Place was renamed Curzon Place. The few remaining houses have recently been gutted and rebuilt.
We are grateful to Charles Hind for his help in preparing this catalogue entry.