The overall form of this chandelier is conceived in the distinctive manner characteristic of the great Regency chandelier partnership of Messrs. Parker and Perry. Established by William Parker, who died in 1784, to then flourish as a joint business venture from 1802-03 with Parkers son joining in 1817. The firm enjoyed royal patronage from George IV to William Beckford and the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire. See M. Mortimer,The English Glass Chandelier, Woodbridge, 2000, p. 19, pls.10, 50 and 52, and Christie's London, 4th June 2009, lot 149.
Also comparable is an example attributed to William Parker, late 18th century, see Christie's London, 7 July 2011, lot 576.