The firm Jeanselme firm started in 1824 as JEANSELME FRERES, with the stamp changing over the century as it passed to various members of the family and outside partners. Charles-Henri Jeanselme was born in 1856 and joined the firm in 1880. The original street where the workshop was located was called rue du Harlay until 1879, when it was renamed Rue des Arquebusiers. However, the stamp changed to 'Ch. JEANSELME ET CIE ' only in 1883 and was used until 1930.
Ledoux-Lebard, Le Mobilier Francais Du XIX Siecle