The chandelier with scrolled arms and vase-shaped stem-pieces follows the characteristic form of the later part of the 18th century as popularised by the likes of William Parker, who established his reputation having supplied chandeliers in the 1770s for the Assembly Rooms in Bath, and in 1782 supplied a pair of twelve-light chandeliers to the 5th Duke of Devonshire for Chatsworth. Others who were active around the same time included Colebron Hancock, who had been apprenticed to Thomas Betts, 'Glass-Polisher' of Bloomsbury (d.1765) and established his own business near Charing Cross around 1762, and Christopher Haedy, of Clement's Inn, Temple Bar, who was active from at least 1766 until after 1775 ( Martin Mortimer, The English Glass Chandelier, Woodbridge, 2000, pp. 82 - 94 and pp.111 - 118).
The chandelier offered here includes some rather unconventional features such as the ogee shaped receiver bowl and simply facetted, rather than cut, glass branches, since the practice of cutting had become fashionable in the 1750s. In addition the plain tubular nozzles might be considered rather old-fashioned for the period.