This pair of neo-classical giltwood wall brackets, with fluted tapering supports, was made by James and Richard Jackson of Essex Bridge, Dublin, circa 1785. The Jacksons' label appears on the reverse with an oval medallion border of laurel leaves. The Jacksons were a well-known family of mirror-makers who also worked as carvers and gilders. James and Richard Jackson continued the mirror-making business started by their father, Thomas. Bills survive for mirrors supplied to the Conollys for Castletown, Co. Kildare and the Earl of Aldborough for Aldborough House, Dublin.