The partnership of William Gould Snr and Jnr was established at 78 Grace Church Street, London, from 1796 until after 1840. They described themselves as carvers and gilders, and looking glass and coach glass manufacturers (see C.Gilbert, Pictorial Dictionary of Marked London Furniture 1700 - 1840, Leeds 1996, pp. 30 - 31, and pp. 229 - 231, figs. 409 - 415). A Regency convex mirror bearing Gould's label was sold from the stock of Ronald Phillips Ltd, Christie's, London, 2 July 2014, lot 287 (£4000 including premium).