Jasper Westcott & Co appear in Matthews Bristol Directory in 1793 as 'brassfounders and Coppersmiths' in Redcliff Street. The family also cast bells and skillets; see Roderick Butler and Christopher Green, 'English Bronze Cooking vessels and their founders, 2003' pp.131-132. At various times different family members owned or ran the company with some changes of address until circa 1847 when they went out of business. Two comparable chandeliers by Jasper Westcott 1754-1816, are situated in South Molton and North Curry. See The journal of the Antique Metalware Society, vol.10 June 2002. West Country Chandeliers and their Makers by Robert Sherlock. The two tier example in North Curry, (fig 10) has identical gadrooned sections.