Henry Lucas was active at 33 Newman Street, Oxford Street 1820-25 and in 1835 at 7 Charles Street, Hampstead Road. Since the time of the 1994 Sotheby's catalogue, a further set of chairs stamped 'H. Lucas' have been identified. This set of eight rosewood dining-chairs was sold anonymously, Christie's, London, 26 September 1996, lot 142. The latter chairs also feature a similar horizontal splat, flanked by acanthus scrolls.