The robustly carved and plinth-supported sideboard-table, with high mirrored back, is conceived in the George IV French/antique or Grecian fashion popularised by George Smith's, Cabinet-maker and Upholsterers Guide, 1826. The table, with reed-gadrooned top and stepped frieze enriched with palm-flowered tablets, is supported on paired pilasters, whose truss-scrolled volutes are wrapped by Roman acanthus; while the pilasters supporting the mirrors palm-flowered cornice are similarly enriched with acanthus-wrapped trusses. The sideboard furnished the Great Parlour that had been added by Horace Walpole in the 1750s to the villa at Strawberry Hill, Middlesex. It may have been introduced by the 6th Earl Waldegrave (d. 1835) or by George Granville Vernon Harcourt, M.P. (d. 1861) following his marriage in 1847 to Frances Elizabeth Anne, Lady Waldegrave (d.1879).