This giltwood pier glass in the neo-classical style with urn, eagle, fluted frame and drapery swags, was made by James and Richard Jackson of Essex Bridge, Dublin, circa 1785. Their label with a pretty laurel-leaf border remains on the reverse. Like the Bookers, the Jacksons were a well-known family of Dublin mirror-makers. James and Richard Jackson continued the business started by their father, Thomas Jackson who is recorded as supplying mirrors to Lady Ann Conolly for Castletown, Co. Kildare. James Jackson was a pupil of the Dublin Society School from 1769 to 1770, a year after he also supplied looking glasses to Castletown. Richard Jackson continued the business in Essex Bridge from 1786 until 1827. He supplied mirrors and girandoles to the late Earl of Aldborough for Aldborough House, Dublin between 1793 and 1798.