P J Walsh & Co., Upholsterers and Auctioneers, of Dublin were active at 19-20 Bachelors' Walk from 1862-1922. The firm's name was changed to P J Walsh & Sons in 1870 when the firm advertised that they 'Keep Large Stocks of First-Class Modern & Genuine Antique Furniture/Antique Furniture Restored or Purchased...' (see D. Fitz-Gerald, 'Dublin Directories and Trade Labels,' Furniture History, 1985, p. 272). It is likely that this pier table was retailed or restored by the firm after the 1870 name change. P.J. Walsh & Sons was one of the principal suppliers to the 1st Earl Iveagh in the 1890s. A labelled pedestal desk is at the Iveagh Bequest, Kenwood and fifteen lots of labelled antique and late 19th Century furniture were sold by Lord Iveagh from Elveden Hall, Thetford, Norfolk, Christie's house sale, 21-24 May 1984.