1 April 2008
AN ITALIAN CARVED WHITE MARBLE ARCHITECTURAL CORNER ELEMENT
FLORENTINE, PROBABLY 16TH CENTURY
The front and the side carved with flower vases issuing floral sprays terminating in cornucopiae, inscribed in ink 261
102 cm. high
With Stefano Bardini, Florence, acquired in 1894 by Prince Johannes II of Liechtenstein.
Gartenpalais, Rossau, Vienna, before 1945.
Schloss Vaduz, Liechtenstein, 1945.
Contact Client Service
New York +1 212 636 2000
London +44 (0)20 7839 9060
Asia +852 2760 1766
Meredith Etherington-Smith hails the long and distinguished career of the London antiques dealer with a client list that reads like an international who’s who
This painting is one of only a handful of portraits by the artist of his daughter Clara Serena, who died aged just 12 years old
From record-breakers to national treasures, a selection of landscape-changing works offered in Christie’s salerooms across the past 251 years
Carlo Scarpa took the traditions of Venetian glassblowing and created some of the 20th century’s most innovative designs
PurseBop outlines the four stages that mark the evolution of an Hermès connoisseur, and the bags that accompany each
Why the French Impressionist’s paintings of the Saint-Lazare train station are among his greatest achievements