The Danish architect Philip Arctander graduated from the School of Architecture at the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts in 1938 and established his own office in 1939. As a member of the research group established by the Danish Architects’ Association. Arctander was one of the leading forces behind the establishment of the Danish Building Research Institute. He was intensely engaged with issues surrounding architecture and social responsibilities, and was appointed Head of Research when the institute was founded in 1947. It was for this commission that he designed the present lot, of which only two examples were made.