This chandelier was originally purchased circa 1905 from Tiffany Studios and owned by Edward Rice Bolton and his wife Margaret. Residents of Waco, Texas. The Boltons hung the shade in their home, the William Cameron House, which was illustrated in the book, The American Heritage History of Notable American Houses published in 1971. The house was named after Margaret’s father, William Cameron, a well-known businessman and philanthropist who was notably memorialized by his family in the gift of a municipal park in Waco, named Cameron Park. This chandelier has been a treasured family possession for over three generations.
Recorded in Tiffany Studios 1906 Price List as No. 601, the Allamanda hanging shade is one of Tiffany’s rare examples of a non-repetitive, continuous design. The placement of the blossoms and the foliage spilling over the borders of the shade enhance the overall design by eluding to the beauty of nature’s unpredictability.