This lot is offered without reserve.
Post Lot Text
Mosheh Oved originally intended to become a rabbi but eventually trained as a watch maker.
Initially based in Fetter Lane, Holborn, he moved to 1, New Oxford Street and in 1938 opened 'Cameo Corner' at 26, Museum Street, Bloomsbury. The shop was patronised by royalty, including Queen Mary, connoisseurs, collectors and dealers.
Mosheh Oved created a series of rings in the form of the various animals, the first was a lamb which he made from his own cufflinks after being informed of the death of a client's son who had been killed in action.