Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1954 and its subsequent sale on 22 July 1955.
It is thought that the present watch is only the second example of the reference 2546 in pink gold offered at auction.
Production of reference 2546 was launched in 1954. The soft and rounded design of the case, entirely hand-sculpted out of a solid block of gold, makes it one of the most elegant and refined timepieces manufactured by Patek Philippe.
A similar example is illustrated in Patek Philippe Wristwatches by Martin Huber & Alan Banbery, p. 154.
Gay Frères, located in Geneva, were specialised in manufacturing jewelry but were also renowned for producing high quality bracelets for wristwatches.