Deacon Elisha Holbrook (1775-1865) was the son of Colonel John Holbrook (1745-1802) and Anna Wild Holbrook. He inherited the Braintree home of his father and lived there all his life. He served as one of the first deacons of the old East Randolph church from 1819 to 1856, and as a deacon in the Winthrop Church from 1856 to 1865. He and his wife, Sarah (1776-1849, daughter of Isaac Thayer of Braintree) had three children: John (1797-1876), Elisha Niles (1800-1872), and Caleb S. (1802-1874). The town of Holbrook, Massachusetts was named for Elisha Niles Holbrook who provided the town with the funds for the town hall and library.