Although there are no documented views of Dogmersfield Park by Nebot, the present painting bears some stylistic characteristics evident in other works of the artist. The park was remodelled by William Eames (1729/30-1803), a follower of Lancelot 'Capability' Brown (1716-1783), while the red-brick Palladian house seen in the distance was built around 1728 for Ellis St John. Paulet St John, his son, married Mary, the widow of Sir Halswell Tynte of Halswell, Somerset and thus linked the family to Sir John Kemeys Tynte, who ornamented the park in the 1740s. Another famous view of the park was painted by James Seymour circa 1747 now in a private collection: Henry Paulet St John with his Mother accompanying a hunt in Dogmersfield Park (J. Harris, op. cit., pp. 240-41, no. 264).