29 September 2009
Property from the edmundson art foundation, Inc., sold to benefit the Acquisitions Fund
Ernest Lawson (1873-1939)
signed 'E. Lawson' (lower right)
oil on canvas laid down on board
12 x 16 in. (30.5 x 40.6 cm.)
The Milch Galleries.
Julia Annette Keeler, acquired from the above, 1958.
Gift to the present owner from the above, 1984.
Contact Client Service
New York +1 212 636 2000
London +44 (0)20 7839 9060
Asia +852 2760 1766
An exceptional example of the most valuable illustrated book ever produced — and an icon of American art — will be offered on 14 June to benefit conservation causes
An expert introduction to the movement, from its origins in France to its flowering on a private island off the coast of New England
The Belgian collector, antiques dealer and designer outlines what the art and objects in his library mean to him
The founder of the 1-54 art fair on giving African artists international visibility, growing up with an artist father, and building her own collection